Crescent Bay Historical Project       CONTACT   Page Finder INDEX

Westwood District - Slides & 3-D  

jump to  >  Westwood patches    Westwood neckerchiefs

Most of the slides known for Westwood district were made by Sandy's Plastics during the 1960's. Sandy's Plastics was operated
by Oliver, "Sandy" Sanford and family, all active scouts in Marina District. Typical construction for Sandy's Plastics slides consisted of
objects and writing (on decals), sandwiched between a clear and colored layer of poured resin.

    Early 1960's
Walking Bear
    Early 1960's
Dark Blue
    1966
Camporee
                           
    Poured acrylic resin with walking bear charm, sand & plant. Believed to be earliest type of Sandy's slides.
Purpose unknown.
    Sandy's Plastics. Poured acrylic resin
with walking bear charm charm and
decal lettering. Possibly used for training.
 
   
Cast bronze. Possibly used at Westwood District Camporees held in 1966 at Circle B on 2/5-6 and at an unknown location on 4/29-30.


Mid 1960's
Flap Shape

    TYPE 1
Westwood and District Spread Apart
    TYPE 2
Westwood and District Centered
   
                     
    Sandy's Plastics. Poured acrylic resin with
standing bear charm and decal lettering.
Possibly used for training.
    Westwood District used a bear, or more accurately,
 the U.C.L.A. Bruin, as the District mascot starting
in the late 1940's.
   



Name Tag
Staff - Wilderness Camp
1952



Paper with typing in an acrylic holder with safety pin clasp.



back to top

jump to  >  Westwood patches    Westwood neckerchiefs
 
 
Website Builder